Personal Property Taxes
Personal Property Taxes for the City of Roanoke are due Tuesday, May 31,2016. Visit: http://www.roanokeva.gov/1609/Pay-Taxes-Bills for information on how to make payments.
Please contact the Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office at 540-853-2521, if you have questions regarding the assessment of your vehicle, changes in ownership of a vehicle listed on your statement or to report a vehicle that was not included on your statement.
- A 10% late payment penalty will be assessed on taxes not paid by May 31, 2016.
- Interest will be assessed on any unpaid tax and penalty at a rate of 10% per annum commencing the first day of the month following the due date.
- Taxes remaining unpaid beyond 30 days will be subject to, but not limited to, additional collection efforts and/or fees which may include:
- Administrative collection fee ($30.00)
- DMV stop on your vehicle’s state tag renewal and registration ($20.00)
- Debt Set-Off of Virginia Income Tax refund ($25.00)
- Tax Liens (Fees vary)
- Uncollected taxes may be outsourced to a Third Party Collector.