Saturday, September 11, 2021
Welcoming Week Scavenger Hunt
We're kicking off our Welcoming Week festivities with a scavenger hunt! This hunt will take place in and around downtown Roanoke and can be completed on September 11 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. This will give you the chance to learn more about our international community, play some games, meet new people, and even win some prizes! Here's how you can participate:
1. GATHER YOUR TEAM
- Teams can be made up of families or friend-groups of any size.
- Please be sure one person on your team has access to a smart phone to be able to download and manage the Goose Chase app (more on this below).
- Kids who participate will need permission from a parent or guardian.
- Participation is just like visiting downtown on any other day: at your own risk!
2. DOWNLOAD THE GOOSECHASE APP & FIND “WELCOMING ROANOKE”
- Download for Android
- Download for iPhone
- Instructions on how to find the game
- By participating, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the Scavenger Hunt Rules and Considerations. Please keep in mind that all your photo and video submissions are public and viewable on the app’s activity feed. They may also be used by the City of Roanoke in future advertising.
- You will have 5 hours to complete as many (or all!) of the missions in the hunt. The game runs from 10am until 3pm on Saturday, September 11th.
- Missions will require you to record a 30 second video or snap a photo using the app. This must be real-time! So no screen-shots or uploads possible. You can re-submit your entry as many times as you’d like, but whatever is there at 3pm will be your submission for the game!
- All missions are designed to be completed in and around downtown Roanoke, Virginia.
- Get inspired and keep up with other teams across the City using the newsfeed on the app.
4. TRY TO WIN
- Be the first to complete all of the missions, or with the highest total points, to win the grand prize! See below for details as prizes are added.
- There will be a random drawing for anyone who plays at all — so even if you don’t win one of the first prizes, you could win this!
- Get a second entry in the drawing when you share a post of you and your team completing the scavenger hunt on social media (Facebook or Instagram) with the hashtag #WelcomingRoanoke and be sure it’s public!
Winners will be announced by Monday, September 12. If your team is one of the winners, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-853-1283 so we can get your prize!