COVID-19/Coronavirus Business Assistance
Please note – For your safety & the safety of our employees the City of Roanoke Department of Economic Development will operate by appointment only at this time. Please call us at 540-853-2715 or email email@example.com with details of how we can assist you & the appropriate Economic Development Specialist will contact you.
COVID-19 has affected our local businesses and we want to help in any way we can. Below is a listing of links to help you navigate through this global pandemic.
- Check out Governor Northam’s Website by clicking here for important information.
- For information about the COVID19 Vaccine, click here.
Paycheck Protection Program
The Paycheck Protection Program provides loans for payroll expenses if businesses under 500 employees retain their workers, and the program has been extended until March 31, 2021. The Small Business Administration (SBA) will forgive loans if all employees remain on the payroll for eight weeks and the loan is used for payroll, rent, mortgage interest, or utilities. If employees have already been terminated, business owners can apply for a loan if the employees are rehired. Loan payments are deferred at least six months and up to one year. Applications requesting loan forgiveness can be submitted eight weeks after loan approval. Loans are available through any existing SBA 7(a) lender or through any participating federally insured depository institution, federally insured credit union, Farm Credit System institution, and other regulated lenders enrolled in the program. Find a Participating Lender
Resources for Businesses:
- Roanoke Region Responds
- City offers Options for Payment of Taxes
- Roanoke Economic Development
- Downtown Roanoke Inc.
- Click here for a great resource for your business from the Virginia Department of Health.
- VDH Vaccinate Virginia Information about the COVID19 Vaccine
- VDH COVID19 Guidance for Businesses
- Virginia's Blue Ridge Takeout Maps
- Information- Paycheck Protection Program in 10 Languages!
- Kroger Blueprint for Business