Sick, injured or orphaned wildlife

The Animal Wardens do not handle wild animals. We partner with the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (DGIF) to provide humane options for sick, injured or orphaned wild animals. If you find a wild animal you believe is sick or injured, you can contact a licensed wildlife rehabber in your area. DGIF has a complete and current listing of all licensed wildlife rehabilitators in the State by location: http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/injured/rehabilitators/

For further information on orphaned or injured wildlife:

 or by calling 540-798-9836

or by calling 1-855-571-9003

Common wildlife concerns in urban areas: https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/urban/

To report wildlife violations, you can contact DGIF at their Wildlife Crime Line: call 1-800-237-5712, or email WildCrime@dgif.virginia.gov.