Outreach Programs and Station Visitors
Roanoke Fire-EMS is committed to the health and safety of our personnel, community and our patients. In a proactive effort to limit the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) our department will begin temporary changes that will affect our every day operations.
• Public Events
• Station Tours/ Drop-in Visits- Virtual station tours and educational videos have been posted to our YouTube Channel, join us for a virtual "visit": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClrAMi014eBHXyzV-BIt6EA?view_as=subscriber
• Child Safety Seat Installations- Our partners with Carilion Children's have made virtual car seat assistance available for those needing help, reach out to Jill Lucas Drakeford, Community Health Educator and a National Certified Car Seat Technician at (540) 981-8075 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Smoke Alarm Installations- Use the quick link at the bottom of the page to request a smoke alarm and we will add you to our waiting list for when the program resumes.
Our administration office is also closed to the public. To obtain fire and medical reports, please contact our office at (540) 853-2327.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time.
For more information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its state impact, refer to the Virginia Department of Health website: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/surveillance-and-investigation/novel-coronavirus/
For more information on the City of Roanoke's response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) refer to the City's dedicated web-page: https://www.roanokeva.gov/2566/Coronavirus-COVID-19
About Roanoke Fire-EMS
The City of Roanoke’s Department of Fire-EMS’ mission is to foster a diverse, inclusive and innovative workforce that proudly serves the residents, citizens and visitors of Roanoke by protecting lives and property with professionalism, integrity and respect. With a leadership philosophy that strives to invest in, empower, and hold each other accountable to accomplish our team’s mission, Roanoke Fire-EMS values commitment, courtesy and compassion.
Roanoke Fire-EMS is a full-service fire and emergency medical service agency providing:
- Fire suppression services
- Basic and advanced pre-hospital life support
- Fire prevention and community risk reduction education programs
- Fire investigations
- Heavy tactical rescue (HTR)
- Swift water rescue (SWR)
- Regional Hazardous Materials Team
- Vehicle extrication
- Emergency Management
In addition to housing firefighting and EMS personnel and apparatus, Fire-EMS stations are neighborhood resources. Fire-EMS personnel at these sites help distribute important city documents, teach about fire and life safety, and provide a safe place for lost children and adults.