Outside Agency Funding

Outside agencies may apply for funding in two of four ways, General Fund support, Housing and Urban Development (HUD) support, Human Services Agency support or Arts Commission Support. All organizations may apply for HUD funds, however, only one application is allowed for either General Fund, Human Services or Arts Commission support.

The City of Roanoke conducted a mandatory workshop for all agencies and organizations requesting Fiscal Year 2019-2020 funding. The workshop was held on December 7, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in the City Council Chambers on the 4th floor of the Municipal Building.

Instructions on HUD applications support may be obtained through the Planning, Building & Development's HUD Community Resources web-site.

All applications must go through the United Way system.

A listing of approved funding for FY 2018-2019 may be found in the most recent approved Budget Document (pdf)

For more information about specific funding and applications contact the following individuals:

Arts Commission - Susan Jennings at 540-853-5652.

General Fund funding - R.B. Lawhorn at 540-853-1643.

Human Services Advisory Board - Theresa McDaniel at 540-853-2372.

HUD - Keith Holland at 540-853-6404.