- When and where are tax auctions advertised?
- Are auctions advertised in the newspaper?
- When and where are the auctions held?
- How often are auctions held?
- Where are the auctions held?
- How can I obtain a listing of properties?
- What qualifies a property for tax sale?
- What types of properties are sold at auction?
- How do I find more information about the properties being offered at an auction?
- How can I keep my property from being sold?
- If I pay the delinquent taxes on a property, do I have legal ownership of that property?
- How can I get a list of all tax delinquent properties in the City of Roanoke?
- Does the city sell real estate tax lien certificates?
- How do I qualify as a bidder at the auction?
- What are the starting bid prices of properties?
- What is the bidding process?
- What happens to the properties that are not sold at the auction?
- How do I find out the results of an auction, including which properties were sold to whom and for what amount?
- How long does the tax sale process take and when can I expect my property to be sold?
- What are the general steps in the tax sale process?
- When is a property eligible for the tax sale?
- Can someone obtain ownership of real estate by paying off the delinquent taxes and avoid the tax sale process?
- Does an advertisement in the newspaper entitled "Notice of Judicial Sale of Real Property" announce the sale of properties?
- Who can purchase property at a tax sale?
- If I purchase a property at a tax sale, will I receive title to the property?
- If I purchase a property which is encumbered by a mortgage, taxes or weed abatement liens, am I responsible for these debts?
- If I purchase a property at a tax sale, do I have to pay the back taxes?
- If I purchase a property at a tax sale, can the owner come back later and reclaim the property?
- What is the minimum bid I should expect to pay?
- Does the City of Roanoke offer a financing program or discounts?
- If I purchase property at an auction and later become dissatisfied with the property, can I cancel my bid and get a refund of the deposit or purchase price?
- What type of deed do I receive following confirmation of the sale?
- Will I be able to get title insurance on a property I purchase at an auction?
- Can a previous property owner reclaim property after I have purchased it at the auction?