Moveable Sign Permit

Moveable signs (or Sandwich Boards) are portable signs placed on the public sidewalk outside a business. The sign is displayed during business hours and removed when the business is closed.

Moveable signs are allowed throughout the City of Roanoke. However, if a business is located within the City of Roanoke's Downtown Historic District (H1), a Certificate of Appropriateness (PDF) must be obtained prior to submitting an application for a moveable sign.

Please refer to the Instructions for Application Process (PDF) for more information.