DMV Connect is DMV's newest service outreach program and serves Virginians who may not be able to travel to a DMV office. DMV has five Connect teams located throughout the Commonwealth.
The program originally was created to provide identification cards to incarcerated individuals pending release, as identification is necessary to secure jobs, open bank accounts, enter public buildings, and apply for benefits. While DMV Connect still provides services to inmates, the program has expanded to serve customers at retirement communities, government centers, homeless shelters, and more.
DMV Connect will be on-site in the Church Avenue lobby at the Noel C. Taylor Municipal Building, 215 Church Avenue, S.W. on the following dates from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
- April 13, 2018
- June 8, 2018
- July 13, 2018
- August 10, 2018
- October 12, 2018
- December 14, 2018
Beginning on February 9, 2018, the DMV Connect will offer testing for driver learner permits. Customers must sign up at least 4 hours in advance of testing. Register online at www.vadmvexam.com at least four hours before test time. Same day testing may not be available. Testing for customers with two failed attempts is only available at DMV customer service centers.
Instructions for registering:
1. Visit www.vadmvexam.com.
2. Click on “Register for a Test.”
3. Under “Select Test Type,” choose “Learner’s Permit (Driver’s License).”
4. Under “Select a District,” click on “DMV Connect.”
5. Under “Select a Site,” choose “DMV Connect West” for test locations in Roanoke and Southwestern Virginia.
6. Review the available test dates and times in your region and click on “Register” next to your selection.
7. Complete the registration information and click “Submit.”
8. Print the confirmation for your records. If you provided an email address, the confirmation will also be
emailed to you.
Road tests - No appointment necessary. Tests given on a first come, first served basis.